Saturday, March 5, 2011

Marri's Pizza Friday!

Slow week here at the PizzaFridayToday offices. With so little work, I may just start thinking they pay me too much for this job! This week we went to Marri's Pizza. This place has been recommended to us by a few people who said they have really good pizza, so we figured we'd try it out. This was actually our second trip to Marri's, the first time the place was packed. There were people everywhere and when I asked for a seat, they were very rude and refused to take our name down, so we left never to return again. Tonight we had originally planned to go to The Long Beach Pizza Co. but after they refused to accommodate us for parking (couldn't find a spot,) we headed to Marri's. We were seated immediately and began reading the menu. Their prices were very fair, topping out at $20 for a large with everything. They had a wide assortment of dishes, which I didn't know they had, not just pizza. Then I noticed the drink section. A warning said that each soda was allowed only TWO refills. The soda was $2.50 and came in a regular sized glass. I mean really? $2.50 for at most 60 cents of soda seems kinda steep, but whatever I only drank about a third of the last glass. That'll show 'em. Limit MY soda will they!

Lorne noticed that they had a Family Special on the pizza menu, which included a large pizza, large salad, pasta with choice of sauce, and garlic sticks for $23.99. Typical Lorne and Jessica move to assume that this was a completely normal amount of food for two people to order, and so we did. I don't know what we were thinking, it was WAY too much food! Like comically too much food! But that's okay because we love leftovers. We ordered the Marri's Special pizza, which included peperoni, sausage, and mushrooms. And this pizza looked amazing! The first thing I noticed was that the cheese was on top and was nicely browned to a well done perfection. A single slice was literally heavy with all of the juicy, chunky toppings loaded in between the crust and the cheese. It reminded me of a  Chicago style pizza (minus the extra layer of crust like a pie). It tasted really good, but this crust was nothing to write home about. Also, because the cheese was on top, the toppings in the center were not cooked well-done enough to our liking. We each only ate ONE slice because we were so full. Just to give you a frame of reference, Lorne and I used to finish an extra-large pizza all by ourselves in the early days of Pizza Friday. So white flag, pizza won. And then we we asked for a box to go.


Family Special for two.
Cheese on top, toppings underneath.
So full!
Happy camper!
Can you believe that this was what was left!?!? We barely made a dent!


1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Jess, I can't believe you guys ordered the family special! Ok, so I've never been a fan of Marri's PIZZA... my dad is, I don't know why. But what I do love... are their CALZONES. OMG! Next time you have time off around lunch time get the calzone lunch special (pepperoni).

    ReplyDelete