Thursday, March 24, 2011

BJ's Cheeseburger Pizza Friday!

What perfect timing to order a cheeseburger pizza! Only days after our cheeseburger foodie experience noted in the previous entry. Believe me, we've had cheeseburger pizzas in the past, but none of them have been worth mentioning. I was skeptical when Lorne suggested we order it, because of other less notable pizzas of its kind.

Let me just say this about our Pizza Friday experience at BJ's: we LOVE BJ's! We went to the location in our neck of the woods on 2nd Street in Belmont Shore. This location is actually kind of strange because it's so small and doesn't have a bar, but that's okay because they always seat us right away. On a side note, it was extremely loud and filled with what looked like high school aged kids, which made Lorne and I seem like an old angry couple (again).

I was a little disappointed at first because I went for my ol' faithful and ordered the Berry Burst Cider, but apparently they were out of it, so I pouted and ordered the Jeremiah Red Irish Style Ale instead. We then ordered a medium BJ's Bacon Cheeseburger deep dish pizza, which according to the menu is, "For the classic burger lover!" It came with ground Angus beef, red onions, Applewood smoked bacon, cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes and chopped dill pickles. We made sure to 86 the drizzled signature burger sauce. We don't do sauce, unless it's Frank's Red Hot Sauce, but that's a different pizza and a different Friday to come (their buffalo chicken pizza is really good too).

OMG, the cheeseburger pizza was so good! It was a perfect harmony between two separately amazing foods: a cheeseburger and a pizza! And I actually really liked my beer too. But, I pretty much started to like everything once I got down to the bottom of my glass, but that's okay. The crust was so soft and buttery, the toppings were flavorful, distinct, and unique; in particular the dill pickles, which really made the pizza for me.

Bottom line, it sounds too weird to be good, but don't be afraid to try this one.


-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment