Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ferraro's Pizza Friday!

This was a Pizza Friday to celebrate my 27th birthday, so we decided to dine-in at an Italian restaurant called Ferraro's. For those of you that don't know, my first job when I moved to Long Beach in 2005 was at Ferraro's, but at a different location. The location I worked at has since closed down, mysteriously soon after I quit.

This was our first time to the other location and I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by a former co-worker of mine from the other location. His name is Mike (the big guy) and he's one of the funniest people I've ever met, so I was really excited to see him again.

We ordered a medium half cheese, half pepperoni pizza, our signature default toppings. Mike also served us a bowl of pasta fagioli soup, an italian salad, warm bread, Lorne a Coke, and me a glass of white wine. The food was all really good, especially the pizza, and we had a really fun, romantic dinner. Lorne told Mike it was my birthday and he brought us a custard filled tart with fresh berries and cocoa on top. When Lorne picked up the bill, a look of pure joy that can only come from a true cheap-ass like Lorne indicated to me that Mike had indeed, to his word, hooked us up really good.

Needless to say, we'll be going back again when Mike is working.

I forgot my phone at home, so this is the only photo we got of the evening.

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment