Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sausage Moday!

To think the first post at PizzaFridayToday wouldn't even be about pizza, but it is a pizza topping!That's right I'm talking about SAUSAGE. One of the greatest foods to be invented, or put on a pizza even.My first choice of topping when they think pizza is of course pepperoni, a sausage. Most of the classic meats on a pizza, pepperoni, salami, Italian sausage, are sausage for crying out loud. Anyways, Wurstkuche. Located on 3rd and Traction Ave. in Los Angeles makes the food in question, sausages. After waiting in line for 20 minutes, I received a Duck and Bacon with Jalapeno exotic dog. My partner in crime Jessica had the Sun Dried Tomato & Mozzarella gourmet wiener along with caramelized onions and sweet peppers. To go with the tube-steaks we also ordered a Groot(large) Belgian Fries with Chipotle Ketchup and Sweet and Sassy BBQ dipping sauces. To wash it all down we had a Reeds Spiced Apple Brew and Reeds Cherry Ginger Beer. The food was excellent if only a little under-sized, the biers on the other-hand were huge. So if you're looking for a fun place to spend some dough on wieners, Wurstkuche is your place. wurstkucherestaurant.com

2 comments:

  1. Larry and I had the pleasure of accompanying these two brave gourmands on their first recorded night out. The rabbit and rattlesnake sausage was a perfect accompaniment to Larry's Koestritzer Schwarzbier (a dark German beer, a little sweet and not too thick). Of course I can't resist bacon so I was totally with Lorne on the main course and my Elderflower soda was a lovely sweet finish. I'm looking forward to this blog because anyone who knows these two knows that they know what they're talking about when it comes to food! great job you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was going to edit the post and say how you both came, but now I guess you filled everyone in for me! You both are welcome to come anytime.

    ReplyDelete