Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cream Cheese and Raspberry Stuffed French Toast

I've been dying to try a new recipe from my friend Elizabeth's blog Please Note and I finally had a free Sunday morning with Lorne to try one out. Her recipe is for goat cheese and raspberry stuffed French toast but I was afraid that Lorne wouldn't like the goat cheese so I substituted cream cheese instead. Her recipe also calls for orange zest, but I used lemon zest with orange juice instead. (Again, I was sure Lorne wouldn't like the orange zest). It was actually pretty easy and tasted really good! Beware though, it's super rich. I think I'll skip lunch today! Take a look at the process and finished product:



Lemon zest orange juice butter.

My egg mixture has some lemon zest instead of orange zest, which I'm sure would be great too!


Lorne opted for some powdered sugar on his.

Lorne: "You ate all of yours?!?!" Me: "Yeah, of course."

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment